2009-02-07

Re: How to persuade DH to stop smoking?

Symphathy to the situation of wives of smokers. I have no special tricks, but previously I have written to a good friend who used to be a heavy smoker (he smokes considerably less now). You may consider the following points:

@ Do you know any person who died of smoking? My father died at early fifty due to lung cancer. He was a smoker. This is my strongest argument.

@ Does he stink after smoking? Do you hate the smell? Tell him your feeling. Your feeling is irrefutable and hence powerful.

@ Second-hand and even third-hand smoking is harmful to the baby:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1774

@ Has his health deteriorated since smoking?

@ Has your health deteriorated due to second-hand smoking?

@ Challenge him: Does he dare to take a X-ray picture of his lungs? I've heard that this is very effective to deter one from smoking.

No comments: