2009-01-09

What is Continuum Fathering?

:oops: Actually I created this name for myself (you can't google it :wink: ).


I try to integrate the principles described in the book continuum concept into my (as a father) style of parenting:

http://www.continuum-concept.org/


I try to involve myself as much as possible in (supporting) breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, and being responsive to my babies' needs with respect, and I see children as inherently cooperative and social and capable of living in harmony with Nature, etc.


People may call this "attachment parenting" (some may even consider it a fad), but actually these principles have been practised by many traditional cultures for centuries, and so are not a modern ("Western") invention as is often assumed.


I am still learning what I want myself to be, so I'd better stop here :oops:

No comments: